Tuesday, July 8, 2014

“Another Thing I Don’t Know”

We live in a world where everything is crystal clear to the point that we have forgotten that all is fuzzy, undefined and without resolution. We forget, or never knew, that nothing has been solved and that the problems of the world at hand are still poignant as they were in all the centuries past. 

What are we? Where are we? Where in the hell are we going? I wish I could provide the answer but I’m on the journey myself. I tend to dwell on the past and the past leads you only closer the things behind you. The future man, that’s where its at. Somewhere between what we are and what we were and where we’ll be. 

I honestly, and to the embarrassment of myself, do not believe in time. I’m not trying to sound like a disillusioned hippie or a man who knows what he believes in, but he idea of time makes zero sense to me. Time’s an invention to get you and me to work on time, to get us to serve and to rush and spend and propel the very economy of our own self interest. It’s all bullshit. Capitalism is bullshit; nothing more than voluntary enslavement. 

I understand the idea that money pays the rent and that money is needed. It’s needed so that the police are not called to force you to bend over and take it up the ass. Money is only an invention like the hamburger and sitcoms. It’s entertainment and nothing more. I believe most people would be better off without the government; without forceful intervention of other people to tell us what we can and cannot do. 

We live in a period where everything is in high definition. I watch the movies from the past; the westerns, the 80’s, the 70’s, the black and whites and I am amazed in the grittiness and dirtiness of the those times. The pictures are scrambled and indistinct and the colors blur into grey. Its from those images we imagine the past to be a welcoming retreat of our dull, bored lives. At least I do, and that’s wrong.
We don’t realize that the past was as clear to the people in it as the high-def televisions are to us. We cannot live in our televisions like the folks of generations past lived and moved and breathed in the world they lived in. We cannot continue to believe that things were better or worse then than they are now. We can’t do it anymore. It will lead to our deaths and the endless repetition that has been history. 

Life is the same, always, and period. Full of struggle and strife and uncertainty. And the purpose we’re left to grasp till our dying breath, whether we were right or wrong or purposeful, is whether or not we were an answer to the issues and discomforts and scathing madness. Whether we bore peace and solid fixations of the brokenness that is the development of the human evolution. 

But I don’t know. 

KJ out.

July 9, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment